Tailored planning and implementation of facilities
Building, expanding and optimizing sustainable manufacturing plants – io-consultants provides the full range of services from planning to implementation, leveraging Lean Production and Operational Excellence methods. Our experienced team will support you across all industries, manufacturers and disciplines.
Quality, schedules and cost – ensured by io‑consultants’ holistic manufacturing design services.
When planning new production facilities, companies are facing large investments, combined with high risk for the operations and the company strategy. With io-consultants as your experienced and professional partner at your side, you can ensure overall project success.
For more than 60 Years we have been providing customers across the world with holistic solutions with our functional planning approach. Today, you can benefit from our unique, long-standing specialization in planning and implementing factories and logistics centers. We assist companies with site master plans and logistics planning, and process optimization in complex production networks. Always with a convincing result: a state of the art factory implemented on time and under budget.
Lean concepts and efficient solutions from your trusted partner
io-consultants offers the combined expertise from all the relevant disciplines involved in factory planning
Our teams of experts work hand-in-hand striving towards efficient and sustainable project success. And our customers benefit from our in-house expertise for professional and tailor-made solutions.
Our areas of expertise:
- Factory and production planning
- SAP/IT consulting
- Logistics and distribution
- Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Food processing
io consultants’ planning services are categorized into three main groups:
- Increasing client satisfaction
- Fulfilling customer demand and addressing increased complexity with available resources and capacities
- Reorganization of established plant layouts
- Increasing flexibility in the existing production network
- Value stream analysis and optimization
- Introduction and implementation of LEAN methods
- Determination of expansion requirements
- Budget estimates and business case
- Implementation timeline
- Optimal integration of capacity expansions into the existing production network
- Conceptual design, planning and implementation of factory expansions
- Determination of key data
- Budget estimates and business case
- Site selection
- Optimal integration of the new site into the existing production network
- Planning of seamless relocation without production downtimes
Efficient and tailored factory planning with io-consultants
Value stream analysis is at the core of all optimization measures in a production environment and therefore plays a key role in sustainable strategic improvement. io-consultants uses its library of standard symbols to record and document the existing material and information flows in a transparent way. With this approach io-consultants can uncover optimization. At the same time, value stream design is an indispensable tool for avoiding potential weak points in new developments and expansions, right from the start.
An overview of value stream analysis and value stream design services
- Identification of representative product families
- Determination of customer takt time
- Establishing the status quo
- Creation of a value stream design
- Prioritization of procedural errors
- Implementation of improvement projects
- Standardization of shop floor management
The focus of our work in shop floor management lies on making improvements systematically and on a daily basis. The key objectives are to stabilize production and to reliably reduce availability losses. We apply a variety of methods to achieve these goals and pay special attention to ensuring the efficiency of initiated countermeasures.
io-consultants supports sustainable and long-term optimizations in shop floor management with target-oriented trainings and tools.
An overview of shop floor management with io-consultants:
- OEE and output logs
- Identification of losses
- Creation of Pareto charts
- Problem-solving sheet
- Chart of measures (PDCA logics) and OPL
- Effectiveness monitoring